We welcome the entering cohort for 2013-2014 to the American Culture doctoral program at the University of Michigan, a top program at a great university.
The key attractions of our program are:
- The opportunity to work closely with world-renowned faculty to develop your own line of research, starting in your first year.
- An interdisciplinary program that trains students in American studies and a range of defining and contributing fields including but not limited to African American studies, Asian/Pacific Islander American studies, Latina/o studies, Native American studies, Arab and Muslim American studies, sexuality studies, religious studies, film studies, media studies, digital studies, museum studies, and material culture studies.
- Outstanding research strengths in the all of the fields above.
- A program that offers five years of support to admitted students and provides additional funding for travel to conferences and research funds for articles and dissertations.
- Getting involved in your own research right away through the first year proseminar.
- Opportunities for additional, funded summer training programs at Michigan and elsewhere.
We encourage you to learn more about what our department and graduate program can offer you by exploring our website. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Graduate Student Program Coordinator.