Students who plan to transfer to another undergraduate school or college of the University should check to see what courses are recommended for the first year in that particular program. Students should investigate carefully the requirements for transferring to:
- the A. Alfred Taubman College of Architecture + Urban Planning
- the Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design
- the Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- the School of Dentistry
- the School of Education
- the College of Engineering
- the School of Information
- the School of Kinesiology
- the School of Music, Theatre & Dance
- the School of Nursing
- the College of Pharmacy
- the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
These schools have their own admission standards, programs, and goals. Transfer is not automatic; students must apply to and be accepted by any other unit within U-M, and admission to some programs is very competitive. Appropriate times to apply for transfer vary among these schools and their programs.
Student enrolled in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, should not neglect the requirements of the College in anticipation of transfer to another U-M unit.