I have AP, A-level  or IB credits for Calculus. Have I met the pre-req? Should I take more math?

You have met the requirement for admission to the Ross School. You could take another quantitative course (Statistics, Physics, Math, Computer Science or any course designated as QR/2) to demonstrate your quantitative skill. It doesn't have to be the next Calculus class. It's not necessary to do this in your first term, and is not a specific requirement of the BBA admissions process.

I have A-level or IB credits for Economics. Have I met the requirement?

You have met the requirement for admission. 
Note: AP credits for ECON 101X. You have not met the requirement; you must take ECON 101.

What courses look good to the Ross School?

The Ross School likes to see students who fully challenge themselves (14-16 credits per term of solid academic classes). What looks good is performance. They will look at the grades you achieved in the pre-requisites, and they will look to see that you challenged yourself by taking a good balance of courses. They will look at your GPA. But all these things contribute to the total package you present in your application.

I know that the B school looks at extra-curricular activities. What things should I do?

The Ross school is interested in students who can balance their dedication to scholarship with their passion, or need, to do things that interest them. Do you have to work to support yourself? If you do, you should demonstrate that you can still do well carrying a full course load. Are you committed to a service group, and to developing and promoting that group? Again, you should balance your passion for that group with good academic performance in a solid academic program. The same applies to athletics or special interests. The key is to balance commitments: your commitment to academic scholarship is as important as your commitment to the service/support/participation portions of your life.

Should I start a foreign language, since the Ross School doesn't require it?

You should work on both your LSA and Ross requirements simultaneously. You may change your mind about applying to the Ross program, or you may not end up attending. Be prepared for all eventualities.

What counts most on the application for admission?

Admissions considers all parts of the application. The essays are crucial, as they provide the only chance for Admissions personnel to get to know you (since you won't be interviewed, and letters of recommendation are not permitted). So it's important that you think long and hard about what you want to say, and how you want to say it. Draft each essay more than once. Be clear in your reasons for wanting to get a BBA ("it will get me a great job" or "I just want to learn more about business" are not welcome reasons). Have good anecdotal material to describe your leadership and team skills. Finally, have your essays read by someone who will give you good critiques.

It's impossible to overemphasize the importance of the essays in giving the Ross School Admissions Committee a good picture of who you are, and why you are seeking admission. Do your homework: learn about Ross programs, activities and faculty. Attend information sessions, and visit pre-business peer advisors in Ross. Read the Ross web site before you make an appointment, you don't want to be asking questions that have already been answered elsewhere.

When can I apply?

Applications are accepted by March 31, for the following fall. You need to have earned 27 transferable credits in the fall and winter terms of the year you apply. Most people apply in the second semester of their freshman year, but you can apply in a subsequent year. However, be prepared to spend another three years at Michigan; the Ross Schoolwill cap your transfer credits at 45, and their requirement of 45 hours of business credit requires an additional three years of study. Check the BBA website (http://www.bus.umich.edu/Admissions/BBA for more information.

Can I become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with a BBA degree?

It's unlikely. Most states in the United States have now adopted new rules for the education of CPAs, and require 150 credit hours before you can sit for the CPA exam. If you want to become a CPA, you can apply for the Masters in Accounting program (MAcc). Visit the Accounting Department's website for more information on this increasingly popular program (http://www.bus.umich.edu/Academics/Departments/Accounting/).

If I really want to get an MBA, do I need a BBA first?

No. MBA programs admit a wide variety of people with all different types of degrees, majors and experience.

Can I do a joint degree program with LSA and the Business School?

Yes. After you are admitted to the Business School, and assuming you have a 3.0 cumulative GPA, you can apply for a Joint Degree Program. You must fill out an application and get it signed by representatives from both programs. In LSA you must get the signature of a Standards Board Member. To successfully complete the joint degree, you must complete 150 credits, 100 of which must come from LSA. You must satisfy the degree requirements for both programs, and you must finish both programs at the same time.

Can I get an LSA minor if I'm in the Business School?

Yes. You must declare the minor through a department advisor in LSA, who will help you map out the program. The Business School will record the minor on your transcript.