Pre-Health Students Welcome Week Event
Join us for our Welcome Week event, designed for entering or new-to pre-health students to gather tips for successful preparation for medical school and other health professions' programs. In addition, you will learn about the resources and services that are available to you through the perspectives of an academic advisor, a career counselor, and health-professions’ students and a practicing health professional.
Since the program will begin promptly at 10 a.m., please arrive by 9:30 a.m. to allow some time for signing in (you'll need your UM ID number for this) before the presentation begins.
Presented by: the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center and the Career Center
- Courses & Registration
- Wolverine Access Tutorials
- Academic Calendar
Knowing the Expectations for Your Degree
- Choosing a Major
- Pre-Health Info CTools Site
- Careers in Health Care
- Preparing for a Career in the Health Professions: Activities
- How, when, and where do I apply?
- Test Information
- Co-Curricular Activities: Exploring Health Care
- Workshops and Events
- Student Organizations
- The Career Center: Pre-Medicine
- Social Media
- Cross-Campus Transfers
- Transfer Student Programming