Pre-Health Students Welcome Week Event
Join us for our Welcome Week event, designed for entering or new-to pre-health students to gather tips for successful preparation for medical school and other health professions' programs. In addition, you will learn about the resources and services that are available to you through the perspectives of an academic advisor, a career counselor, and health-professions’ students and a practicing health professional.
Since the program will begin promptly at 10 a.m., please arrive by 9:30 a.m. to allow some time for signing in (you'll need your UM ID number for this) before the presentation begins.
Presented by: the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center and the Career Center
- Courses & Registration
- Academic Calendar
Why the Liberal Arts?
- Knowing the Expectations for Your Degree
- Choosing a Major
- Pre-Health Info CTools Site
- Careers in Health Care
- The Career Center: Pre-Medicine
- Required Courses
- Preparing for a Career in the Health Professions: Academics
- Preparing for a Career in the Health Professions: Activities
- Co-Curricular Activities: Exploring Health Care
- Test Information
- Workshops and Events
- Student Organizations
- Social Media
- Cross-Campus Transfers