It is important to consider you career goals when borrowing. Keep a personal budget and monitor your spending.
Resources for Borrowing/Financing Pre-Law
- Stephen Brown, Assistant Dean, Fordham University School of Law
- Katherine Gottschalk, Assistant Dean for Financial Aid, University of Michigan Law School
- Duke Law has it laid out clearly with a chart for easy review: law.duke.edu/admis/financial/handbook/sec5#a
Access Group is a nonprofit student loan provider that specializes in graduate and professional student lending. Their web site features many articles and tools for students.
www.accessgroup.org/financial-aid-administrators/ The WiseBorrower Curriculum in the left margin is a series of online, interactive educational modules designed to help increase understanding of personal finance and debt management.
www.accessgroup.org/calculators Calculators and an online loan ledger to determine how much student loans will cost and to help plan for successful repayment before a student takes out a loan.
www.accessgroup.org/paying-for-school/ The gateway to resources and articles to help students with every stage of financing their education.
- Courses & Registration
- Academic Calendar
Why the Liberal Arts?
- Knowing the Expectations for Your Degree
- Choosing a Major
- Is law the right profession for me?
- What academic skills do I need to succeed?
- What else should I do to prepare?
- When and where do I apply?
- How Do I Apply
- How do I pay for law school
- Pre-Law Advisors
- Workshops and Pre-Law Events
- Cross-Campus Transfers
- New Pre-Health Site