The Career Center supports students as they develop their ideas, and begin to focus on the decisions that will launch meaningful careers. The Center assists students through career coaching and advising, assessments, connections to employers and alumni/ae and graduate schools and career information enabling students to:
- Explore career options
- Make meaning of their experiences
- Engage in building their communities
- Uncover internship and other employment opportunities
- Apply to graduate or professional schools
The Center’s integration of the i-PlanTM helps students develop their stories and reach out to new communities to facilitate better career decision making. The i-PlanTM model draws on all aspects of students' Michigan experience, and offers an interesting way to think about how best to approach their next steps.
The Career Center offers multiple resources and services to students preparing for a career in law. Even though you may have been consulting with your pre-law and/or department advisor — keep in mind that the Career Center staff has specific expertise to coach you through the application process. As you get ready to apply to law school, remember that we can help you...
- Courses & Registration
- Wolverine Access Tutorials
- Academic Calendar
Knowing the Expectations for Your Degree
- Choosing a Major
- Is law the right profession for me?
- What academic skills do I need to succeed?
- What else should I do to prepare?
- When and where do I apply?
- How Do I Apply
- How do I pay for law school
- Pre-Law Advisors
- Workshops and Pre-Law Events
- Cross-Campus Transfers
- Transfer Student Programming