- Up to 60 credits may be transferred from other colleges and universities to count toward the 120 required for a UM degree. Two-year programs (community colleges) are an option for students who have fewer than 60 credits; once you have 60 credits we no longer accept cc transfer credit. Thirty of your last 60 credits must be taken in residence (on AA campus or a UM sponsored study abroad program). Note that all pre-health prerequisite courses should be elected at a four-year institution.
- Before you invest time and money in taking courses be sure the credit will transfer. You can check the web site for Transfer Credit Evaluation Out-of-Residence Curriculum Information (Transfer Credit Equivalencies) or request a pre-evaluation from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (Student Activities Building). An on-line form for requesting pre-evaluation can be found at: https://www.ugadmiss.umich.edu/TCE/Student/CT_TCEForm.aspx. You need to speak to your advisor about how the course satisfies requirements.
- If the credit is "non-transferable" then don't take it unless you are interested in the subject for your own purposes; "departmental" credit indicates it is affiliated with a specific department but does not match a UM course; and as a specific course number. In order to have credits included in your concentration you must discuss this IN ADVANCE with a concentration advisor. The language requirement may not be fulfilled out of residence unless you have prior written permission from the appropriate language department.
- When the course is completed arrange for an official transcript to be sent to Undergraduate Admissions, Student Activities Building, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1316. Grades of "C" or better will be evaluated for transfer, but the grade will not appear on your transcript (unless you attend UM-Flint or UM-Dearborn where the grade will transfer as well).
- Many colleges and universities in the state of Michigan require a guest or visitor application available from the Registrar's Student Service Office at 1210 LSA Building.
Michigan Uniform Guest Application: http://www.macrao.org/Publications/MichiganUniformGuestApplication.pdf