Student Guidelines and Instructions
- Meet with representatives in Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) to determine appropriate testing accommodations.
- If appropriate, SSD representative will provide you with a Verified Individualized Services and Accommodations (VISA) form .
- Discuss your VISA with your instructor within the first two weeks of class.
- Work with the Instructor to receive appropriate testing accommodations in the classroom or department.
- To provide equity and inclusion, the default should be that test accommodations are facilitated by the instructor in the classroom or department.
- Understand that in normal circumstances, extended-time accommodations are the responsibility of the instructor and are a low priority for the Testing Accommodation Center (TAC).
- If appropriate testing accommodations cannot be facilitated by the instructor, ask that he/she complete a reservation request at the Testing Accommodation Center (TAC) Reservation Site.
- Understand that a request for test accommodations may not necessarily result in a test reservation in the Testing Accommodation Center.
- The Coordinator of the Center will determine on a space-available basis if a student can secure a reservation in the TAC.
- If a reservation cannot be secured, it is the instructor's responsibility to provide the accommodations.
- If the test reservation request has been approved, you will receive an e-mail from the Testing Accommodation Center.
- The e-mail confirmation will include location, date and time of arrival, and other important information regarding your reservation/s.
- Please give a copy of your VISA to the instructor. He/she will need to send a copy to the Testing Accommodation Center (TAC) before the reservation date.
- Things to Consider when utilizing the services of the TAC:
- Proctors may not answer questions about test material. Please talk with your instructor about how to handle questions that may arise during a test.
- Only materials approved by the instructor may be used during an exam. All materials (i.e., notes or scrap paper) will be returned with your exam. You may ask for materials back in class.
- Students arriving late will not have his/her exam time extended. The end time of the exam will not change due to the late arrival as space and/or Proctor availability may be limited.
- Students will not be allowed to take an exam, without instructor approval, if arriving thirty (or more) minutes late. If an instructor approves the late start, the end time of the exam will not be adjusted for the late start as space and/or Proctor availability may be limited. The time to complete the exam will be determined from the test reservation time and not the time a student arrives at the TAC.
- To ensure a quieter, distraction-reduced environment during high volume periods, exam time start times may be limited. Exam start times may be adjusted for students needing double time or for students with disabilities who have class scheduling conflicts.
- Please be aware that there are specific TAC Rules and Regulations students must adhere to when taking exams in the TAC.
B129 Modern Languages Building