You are allowed to take up to 30 credits Pass/Fail or Credit/No Credit. (Pass/Fail is an option. Credit/No Credit is a mandatory grading pattern established at the course level.)
Keep the following guidelines in mind:
- No class in your major or minor may be taken Pass/Fail.
- The 4th term of your language requirement may not be taken Pass/Fail.
- You have until the end of third week of a full term to decide if you want to modify a class Pass/Fail.
- You must earn at least a C– to receive a Pass for a class.
Other factors to consider:
- Instructors do not know you are taking courses Pass/Fail unless you tell them.
- Pass/Fail grades do not calculate into your GPA.
- You should NOT take pre-professional requirements (pre-med or pre-business courses) as Pass/Fail.
- You should always take your coursework seriously. Do not slack off on work in a Pass/Fail class.
- If in doubt about taking a class Pass/Fail, talk to your Advisor
You make a course Pass/Fail by adding the election modifier "P/F" via Wolverine Access. You may do this any time after you have registered for the course, up until the third-week Open Drop/Add deadline. You may remove the P/F modifier just as easily, also up until the third week deadline. After the third week, it is impossible to add or remove the P/F modifier.