LSA Student Academic Affairs (SAA) is proud to announce the endowment of a new scholarship fund for Bachelor in General Studies (BGS) students. Made possible through a generous donation by BGS alumnus David Blumenfeld, the scholarship will recognize outstanding students who use the flexibility of the BGS degree structure to craft especially thoughtful and coherent interdisciplinary courses of study.
To be eligible to apply for the Blumenfeld Scholarship candidates must:
- Be officially declared as seeking a Bachelors in General Studies
- Be in good academic standing
- Have at least one semester remaining before graduation (not including the current semester in which they apply).
Applications must be submitted to Assistant Dean Esrold Nurse's office (1213 Angell Hall) no later than 12:00 Noon on the first Monday of March. A complete application will include each of the following:
- The Blumenfeld Scholarship Application Form
- An updated resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- A Statement of Intellectual Purpose.
The Statement of Purpose should be limited to 500 words (approximately 2 pages) and should address each of the following topics:
- The theme or themes of the student's BGS curriculum
- A multidisciplinary approach to these issues or topics
- Connections between the student's coursework, co-curricular activities, and post-graduation plans.
Questions should be directed to a BGS Advisor in the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center.
Bachelor in General Studies Degree Program
Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center
1255 Angell Hall
435 South State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1003
p: (734) 764-0332
fax: (734) 764-2772