While the coordinators and College value every interview with each alumnus and alumna, a few profiles of interviews have been included for you to preview what alumni are saying. What was your best moment during your undergraduate years? What was your absolute worst? Perhaps you were introduced to your current spouse, or met your best friend. Did you learn something during a class you now use every day in your work? We want to know!
College Connections staff member and LSA alumna Tina Sula was set to interview Beth Duff, an alumna living in Washington, DC. Sadly, Mrs. Duff passed from cancer before they had the opportunity to talk. Ms. Sula met her husband Jim to discuss Beth's life and accomplishments and write this account of their discussion and of Beth.
Jeremy Peters, LSA 2004 (Political Science & Music)
"Thanks to...the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts for committing to a program like this...I think it is supremely important to the health of the College and the University in general."
- Job Title: Ghostly International & Ghostly Songs, Director of Licensing and Publishing
- Campus Involvement: Men's Glee Club, The Friars, Dance Marathon, LSA Student Government, College Democrats, Mortar Board Collegiate Honor Society
- Hobbies and Passions: Michigan Democratic Party Youth Caucus, community blogger for AnnArbor.com, writing, politics and campaign politics, New Media Communications, performing and the arts in general.
Andrew Samaniego, LSA 2004 (Communication Studies)
"I was thrilled to know that the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts has decided to create this program. It will provide undergraduates with an additional outlet to learn about life after graduation and alumni with an opportunity to give back in ways that compliment the school's curriculum."
- Job Title: Yahoo! Account Manager, Global Sales
- Campus Involvement: Michigan Daily Business Staff, Theta Chi Fraternity (Social Chair)
Peter Ellis, LSA 1994 (English Language & Literature)
"The College of LSA helped develop my foundation for not only my professional career but my personal life. I am grateful for the truly rich experience and instruction received at U of M."
- Job Title: DLA Piper LLP, Chicago, IL; Partner
- Campus Involvement: Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP), Alpha Phi Alpha (Epsilon Chapter)
Julie Neenan Souza, LSA 1995 (English Language & Literature)
"The College Connections program demonstrates the University of Michigan's commitment to its former and future students. By identifying what is meaningful about alumni experiences during and post college, LSA can continue to build on and create practices that reinforce the loyalty and passion that alumni feel towards the school, delivering on the commitment to be 'leaders and best.'"
- Job Title: CBS College Sports, New York City; NY Vice President, Strategic Planning & Business Development
- Campus Involvement: Michigan Student Assembly, Student Affairs Student Leadership Roundtable, Homecoming Committee, Greek Week Steering Committee, Sigma Kappa Sorority, Project Smile
Carla Rapoport, LSA 1974 (History)
"Great to have a connection to LSA after all these years. When you move abroad, you often lose your links to your past. It was great fun to think back on my LSA years. It made me realise how important those experiences were to making me the person I am today."
- Job Title: Managing Editor, Telecommunications & IT at Economist Intelligence Unit, The Economist; Director, Industry Briefing
- Campus Involvement: Michigan Daily, Anti-War Movement