Michigania is located on Walloon Lake, between Petoskey and Boyne City, approximately 250 miles from Ann Arbor.
If you are coming from the South:
- Follow Interstate 75 north to Gaylord (Exit 282).
- Take M-32 west from Gaylord to US-131.
- Turn right onto US-131 and follow it to Boyne Falls.
- Turn left onto M-75 and follow it into Boyne City.
- When you reach Boyne City, go through town to the second stoplight. (Lake Charlevoix will be straight ahead.)
- Turn right onto Lake Street and follow it along Lake Charlevoix. Lake Street curves left and becomes W. Michigan Street as you continue around the lake. As you leave town, W. Michigan Street curves to the right and becomes Charlevoix Road.
- Follow Charlevoix Road to Sumner Road. (The distance from Boyne City to Sumner Road is about five miles.)
- Turn right onto Sumner Road and follow it to the flashing light (approximately 1/4 mile).
- Turn left onto Camp Daggett Road and follow it approximately 1 mile to Camp Sherwood Road. (Camp Sherwood Road is the first road on the right, at the crest of a very high hill.
- Turn right onto Camp Sherwood Road and follow it approximately one mile. The Michigania entrance on the right.
- Follow the dirt road and soon you will see the striking sight of Walloon Lake on the horizon.
- Follow the block-M signs to the Alumnae Council Education Center for check-in.
If you are traveling North on US-31:
Follow US-31 north through Charlevoix (toward Petoskey) to Camp Daggett Road and turn right. Follow Camp Daggett Road approximately 4 1/2 miles to Camp Sherwood Road and turn left. Now you’re back to #10 in these directions.
If you are coming from the North:
Follow US-31 south out of Petoskey 4 1/2 miles (toward Charlevoix). Turn left onto Camp Daggett Road. Follow it approximately 4 1/2 miles to Camp Sherwood Road and turn left. You’re back to #10 in the above directions.