The structure, function, and performance of the European economy since World War II. Emphasis is placed on description and analysis of European economic integration. Topics include:
- the origins and institutions of the European Union,
- creation of the customs union,
- unification of the internal market,
- implementation of common policies for agriculture and competition,
- monetary union,
- geographic enlargement, and
- social Europe.
Students are expected to participate actively during lectures and sections alike. Once enrollment reaches its cap, students are taken in order from the waiting list, should places become available. Students who miss the first two days of class without permission will be dropped automatically from the course.
For textbook information, please visit the ECON Textbook Information Website