Students whose last French course was NOT at UM—Ann Arbor must take the
placement test. Details are available online at www.lsa.umich.edu/rll/langinstruct/placementtest.html.
FRENCH 231 builds and expands upon the work done in FRENCH 101/102 or FRENCH
103. The primary goals of FRENCH 231 are to:
- develop and refine your listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills;
- provide you with strategies that allow you to communicate and read more
- help you review previously learned grammatical structures and acquire new
structures and uses;
- develop your awareness of French-speaking cultures around the world, via the
exploration of a variety of Francophone cultural documents (including Internet resources, literary texts, and demographic information).
Since communicative skills are emphasized daily, regular attendance and active participation are essential. Homework consists of reading and writing assignments, written exercises, and computer-based laboratory work, both audio and video. There are comprehensive course-wide tests as well as a final examination.
No data submitted
Classes meet four times per week.