Mind on Statistics
1. Online Homework Tool. Required: two options 1A = HW tool alone and student obtains text, lecture notes, and lab workbook in other way, 1B = HW tool integrated with online e-text so can skip item 2 below.Option 1A: HW tool alone ($29.49): through this tool you will receive the required and recommended HW, answer required HW questions, and receive the graded HW with feedback. This option requires you obtain a copy of the 4th edition Mind on Statistics (MOS) textbook separately (in some way, see item 2 below).Option 1B: (Best Deal) online HW tool integrated with online version of the 4th edition Mind on Statistics (MOS) text ($79.49). HW tool is same as Option 1A but now the HW questions are linked to the related section in the online text. So now you have the text and online HW tool -- just need lab workbook and lecture notes (go to item 3 below).Purchase either option subscription at https://store.lecturetools.com (not at bookstores). Once you subscribe, the online resources are available at http://www.lecturebook.com.
2. Mind on Statistics 4th Edition Textbook (MOS by Utts/Heckard, Duxbury, 2011). Required: 2 options
2A = UM print version (left over copies from last year) w/ lecture notes and new lab workbook, 2B = used or library copy. Note: if subscribe to 1B above, already have etext w/ HW, skip to item 3.
3. Stats 250 Lab Workbook and Stats 250 Lecture Notes: Required and available in 2 ways. Note: if you have UM Print version of text (2A), you have lecture notes and updated Lab Workbook. UM's Open Educational Resources (OER): Lab Workbook and Lecture Notes available for free access on Open Michigan: http://open.umich.edu/education/lsa/statistics250/fall2013. At this site you can either print yourself (in full or by section) OR go to Amazon.com link to order full bounded versions (low cost).
4. i>clicker: The i>clicker Audience Response System (clickers) will be used regularly in all lecture sections and all lab sections). You may purchase a clicker device or a web-clicker subscription. See http://bit.ly/studentclickers for student i>clicker information (including cost, app info, registration, etc).
5. Calculators: A calculator may be used for homework and exams. Any basic scientific (that can raise to a power, take a square root) is fine (and a TI graphing one is allowed). No cell phone (or other electronic devices with calculator functions) will be allowed during exams.
Option 2B: Used copy of 4e would work. ISBN for Textbook Only 9780538733489; ISBN for eText only (not combined with online HW tool) 9781111564032. Few copies of text on reserve at Science Library. Used copy of 3e generally works (some chpts moved around and exercise number references off). If have online HW tool alone (1A) and MOS text (2B), need lab workbook + lecture notes (item 3 below).
Option 2A: UM Print Version: ISBN 9781305034747; loose-leaf text w/ Stats 250 Lecture Notes, new F13/WN14 Lab Workbook, and formula card (card also on CTools). Direct URLhttp://www.cengagebrain.com/micro/umichstats250, also UM bookstore. If have online HW tool alone (1A above) and this UM text bundle, you have all required text, lecture notes, & lab workbook