Program Assistant Appointment Offerings
Each December, the Center for Global and Intercultural Study seeks students to serve as program assistants for a select group of its Spring/Summer study abroad programs. Program Assistants work at various program sites under the supervision of a faculty director or instructor, serving as a liaison between faculty, on-site program staff, and students.
Note: These positions are temp-hourly. Hours per week range from 20–35.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Assistance in planning class-related activities.
• Participation in pre-program orientation program.
• Availability on a regular basis to students in the program to provide assistance and guidance to them during the time the program is in session.
• Residence in the housing where program participants are housed.
• Participation in all program events.
• Attendance at required pre-program trainings.
• Facilitation of on-site program orientation.
• Assistance to students in case of emergency.
Positions are available for the following Spring/Summer programs (please refer to M-Compass for program dates):
• Arts in Paris in Paris, France
• French and Francophone Studies in Grenoble, France
• Spanish Language, Literature and Culture in Salamanca, Spain
• Spanish Language, Literature and Culture in Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Candidates must be fluent in the language of the host country, and preference will be given to applicants who have participated in a global study program or worked with US undergraduates abroad. Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. Instructions for applying to the positions will be posted to the CGIS website in December.