Become a CGIS Ambassador
CGIS Ambassadors develop leadership, networking, and facilitation skills—all while engaging with a range of intercultural opportunities! Work closely with faculty, international guests, and other students.
The Ambassador program provides CGIS students with opportunities to translate their global education experiences into academic and professional skills. Ambassadors work with the CGIS office to encourage and support intercultural experiences at the University of Michigan.
Ambassadors can participate on any or all of the following teams:
- Exchange Partners
- Get paired with incoming exchange students to help them adjust to the Michigan community
- Build global relationships and improve exchange students' experiences here in Michigan and the U.S.
- Event Hosts
- Welcome visitors from around the world, facilitate CGIS events, and dialogue about your experiences
- Create and sustain a community of globally involved students through outreach and events
- Respond to prospective study abroad participants' questions and concerns via email and Skype
- Make connections by sharing personal travel experiences and addressing student concerns
- Must have successfully completed at least one CGIS program
- Must attend Ambassador orientation
- Must participate in at least one activity during the year
Apply to be an Ambassador today!
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the team(s) you'd like to join as well as the CGIS program that you participated in. Let us help you take full advantage of your study abroad experience!