Teaching a laboratory course? Please contact us early to let us help you get the necessary materials. The Chemistry Instructional Support Services staff provide support to all department classrooms and laboratories, and include everything that is required for the laboratories and demonstrations and student interactive devices in the classrooms.
For any services or support, contact the Lab Manager, Jim Vollmers.
- Jim Vollmers, 2529 Chemistry, 734.936.0385, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mou-Chi Cheng, 2317 Chemistry, 734.764.7347, email@example.com , analytical and biochemistry labs
- Leonora Reyes, A856 Chemistry, 734 647-2878, firstname.lastname@example.org, Atrium laboratories and service area
- Guenther Kellner, 1612 Chemistry, 734.764.7344, email@example.com , chemical dispensing
Teaching Labs Service Window
- A601 Chemistry, 734.763.4684
- 1612 Chemistry, 734.764.7344
The suites of instructional labs that begin with "A" are located in the lower atrium of the Willard H. Dow or 1988 Chemistry building.
The instructional labs for upper level courses that include Analytical, Physical and Advanced Synthetic labs are located on the 2nd floor of the 1948 Chemistry building.
Biochemistry labs are located in the lower level of the 1948 Chemistry building with access from the atrium.
Faculty and GSI information
- Chemistry Safety Video
- Tips for your first time teaching a UM Chem lab course
- Laboratory drawer assignments - WebCheckout Instructions for All Labs (docx)
- Reimbursement of Non-Standard Lab Course Supplies (docx)
Coming soon. . . more info on these topics:
listing of classroom demonstrations available
Special Project information
- Where are things located in the lab?
- How is equipment checked out and returned?
- How do I get chemicals and supplies for the lab?
- What do I do in case of an emergency?
- Visitors policy