Are you teaching a laboratory course? The Chemistry Instructional Support Services staff provides support to all department classrooms and laboratories. We support everything that’s required in the laboratories from chemicals and glassware to equipment and instrumentation. We actively engage with faculty to make the labs as effective as possible whether that’s providing supplies and equipment or working on ways to implement changes or totally new curriculum into the lab.
We support the activities of outreach programs and fully support classroom demonstrations by doing them for you or supplying the necessary components for you to do them yourself.
For any services or support, contact the Lab Manager, Jim Vollmers.
- Jim Vollmers, 2529 Chemistry, 734.936.0385, email@example.com
- Mou-Chi Cheng, 2317 Chemistry, 734.764.7347, firstname.lastname@example.org , analytical and biochemistry labs
- John Corthell, A856 Chemistry, 734 647-2878, email@example.com, Atrium laboratories and service area
- Guenther Kellner, 1612 Chemistry, 734.764.7344, firstname.lastname@example.org , chemical dispensing
Teaching Labs Service Window (Chemstand)
- A601 Chemistry, 734.763.4684
Chemical Dispensing (for teaching labs only)
- 1612 Chemistry, 734.764.7344
The suites of instructional labs that begin with "A" are located in the lower atrium of the Willard H. Dow or 1988 Chemistry building.
The instructional labs for upper level courses that include Analytical, Physical and Advanced Synthetic labs are located on the 2nd floor of the 1948 Chemistry building.
Biochemistry labs are located in the lower level of the 1948 Chemistry building with access from the atrium.
Faculty and GSI information
- Chemistry Safety Video/Gloves Handling (2:58-3:23)
- Tips for your first time teaching a UM Chem lab course
- Laboratory drawer assignments
- Reimbursement of Non-Standard Lab Course Supplies (docx)
Special Project information