Academic Advising appointments are available online.
Fall semester Open Advising, 1500 CHEM
Dr. Nolta – Mondays from 11:15am-1:00pm
Dr. Hakansson – Fridays from 10:00am-12:00pm
There will be NO open advising on Friday December 6th.
Fall semester Peer Advising, 1500 CHEM
Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 1:00-2:00pm
Major Advisors are faculty members in the Chemistry Department or in the Biological Chemistry Department with knowledge and experience in various fields of chemistry and biochemistry. They are available to provide advice on:
• the requirements for the different majors
• guidance on course selections
• guidance on the various careers open to students with chemistry or biochemistry degrees
• suitability of the various majors as a foundation for further professional training such as graduate or medical school.
Major advisors have authority in exceptional circumstances to modify departmental requirements, but not College-level requirements.
There are three times when students are required to see advisors:
- To declare a major (the sooner the better)
- To file a major release form (usually first term senior year)
- To make any change in a major plan that would require an exception to be made to the course requirements.
Major in Chemistry worksheet
Major in Biochemistry worksheet
Major in Biomolecular Science worksheet
Major in Chemical Science worksheet
Major in Interdisciplinary Chemical Sciences worksheet
For further information, please contact the Chemistry Undergraduate Office