Informing your audience about happenings in your department/unit is one of the key functions of your website. The event content type is the primary method to communicate events across the College. Unless otherwise indicated, events entered into the CMS will also display on the LSA events calendar, eliminating the need for duplicate entry.
The current version of the event content type has been completely restructured from previous versions based on CMS-user feedback. It features two screens each containing distinct fields (i.e., Key Information, Further Details).
The Key Information tab contains all the required fields:
1. Title – (required) the name of the event as advertised on other promotional materials, usually displayed on the event list.
2. Start Date – (required) date the event begins.
3. End Date – (required) date the event ends; auto filled by system. Frequently same as the start date.
4. Start Time – (required) time the event begins.
5. End Time –event end time; this is not required as some may be open-ended.
6. Department – (required) the primary host of the event; other department collaborators can be added via the Channels tab (See Associating and Classifying Content).
7. Location – (required) where the event will take place; Google map and CICS Building Search links now built into Location field. Enter room number first to enable CICS building sync.
8. Teaser – brief, eye-catching sentence to motivate viewers to investigate the further details. Shows on events calendar/listing page.
9. Description - detailed information about the event not visible from the events calendar/listing page.
10. Speaker - Name of person speaking at event (if any).
11. Speaker URL - Website link to speaker's webpage or people content instance.
12. "Show on main LSA events page?" - Select yes for public events only. This promotes event automatically to College of LSA site calendar.
13. Tag - select the type of event from drop down menu, so it may be sorted on LSA site.
The Further Details tab (upper left of editing page) contains other fields that may be helpful for your audience:
14. Download File Title – Text that will appear as a link below the Description field to direct user to a linked document (PDF, DOC, etc.)
15. Download File - upload an external file (or browse to an existing file) to the CMS for user to link to for more information about event.
16. Detail Image – add a media image to display at the upper left or right (see Media Image overview video) of the description field.