Styling, or formatting, content can only be done using region configurators.
The region configurator content type is the robust piece of content that holds other pieces of content (articles, news, images, etc.).
To style, or format, of your content:
1. Open the region configurator (pencil icon).
2. Select the Format drop down box for the piece of content you want to change (right column of the region configurator).
3. Choose a format (refer to your quick reference guide for the format lexicon, or just pick one and see how it looks, it's very easy to change it back or select a different format).
4. Click OK to return to ICE
5. Clear your management cache and take a look at the new style/format.