Kara Sundlun House Scholarship Fund – Established in 2006 through a gift from Kara Sundlun House, a broadcast news reporter and 1997 Communication Studies graduate, to encourage and support a Communication Studies student participating in an unpaid summer internship in broadcast journalism.
Michael Luckoff Internship Award – Established in 1986 through a gift from Michael Luckoff, a legend in San Francisco radio, to support a Communication Studies undergraduate student participating in an unpaid summer internship in commercial radio broadcasting.
Summer Internship Stipend – The department provides a limited number of stipends for students participating in unpaid summer internships related to mass communication, media studies, or journalism. Both graduate and declared Communication Studies majors are eligible to apply. Funding is limited and stipend applications will be considered on the following criteria:
- Quality of an applicant's prior academic work
- Correlation of internship to the applicant’s academic study and career interests
- Applicant's progress toward degree
- Evidence of applicant’s commitment to pursue a professional career in mass communication, media studies, journalism, or community journalism
Due to the large number of applicants each summer, priority for funding will be:
- Declared Communication Studies majors seeking credit through Comm 321: Undergraduate Internship
- Graduate students and declared Communication Studies majors not seeking credit
- Previous summer internship stipend recipients
- What Can I Do with a Comm Studies Degree?
- Major Requirements (Effective Fall 2013)
- Major Declaration
- General Information
- Student Groups
- External Resources
- About Comm Studies Advising
- Make an Advising Appointment
- Major FAQs