Cathleen Conway-Perrin

add contact to address book

Cathy Conway-Perrin

Interim Director

1255 Angell Hall
435 South State Street
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

Office Location(s): 1255 Angell Hall
Phone: 734.764.0332
cconway@umich.edu

• About

Before coming to U-M in 1991, I taught Spanish at Michigan State University and then was a classroom teacher in the public schools for 11 years. I taught math and science at the middle school level, and taught in bilingual classrooms in Guatemala and Los Angeles before returning to my native Michigan. (I’m a Motor City Girl—born and raised in Detroit.) I joined LSA Student Academic Affairs in the spring of 1995, and worked my way up to an Associate Director position, overseeing services for juniors and seniors from 2002 to 2006. I’ve been the Director of Academic Standards and Academic Opportunities since 2006. My interests include racial and ethnic identity issues, writing, cultures, travel, and language—I still find ways to use my Spanish on a regular basis. My most unusual and fun hobby is doing triathlons. I completed my first one at the urging of a friend in 2004, and have been hooked ever since. I’ve done at least one every year.

I’m active in the following University organizations: President’s Diversity Council, Academic Services Board, and U-M Diversity Coordinating Team.

• Education
    • BA in Elementary and Bilingual Education [Michigan State University]
    • MA in Spanish [Michigan State University]