Housing Application Available - Early April
Summer Financial Aid Application Priority Deadline - April 30
Fall/Winter Financial Aid Application Priority Deadline - April 30
Enrollment Deposit Deadline - May 1
Summer Bridge Student Contract Due (myGuide) - TBA
Deadline to Complete myGuide Tasks - TBA
Move-in Day - June 25
Parent Orientation - June 25
Student Orientation - TBA
First Day of Class - June 29
Closing Ceremony - TBA
Last Day of Class - August 17
Final Exams - August 18-19
Last Day to Move Out - TBA


Tasks to Complete Before Arriving on Campus in June

Once you are admitted to the Summer Bridge Program, there are a number of items that you are asked to complete in order to prepare for your arrival on campus in June if you intend to enroll.  Please click on the links below to learn more.

Pay the $300 Enrollment Deposit (EDR) +

To do this, go to Wolverine Access - Students-New & Prospective Student Business and log in with your friend account email and password.  Upon successful login, select Application Status and then click on View Decision.

In cases of financial inability to pay the $300 enrollment deposit by the deadline, you can request a fee waiver through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Once you pay your EDR or are granted a waiver, you will be guaranteed a space in Summer Bridge. You will also be able to access your U-M email account and sign up for housing.


Sign the Summer Bridge Student Contract +

Summer Bridge will require more time and discipline than your high school studies. To that end, please take time to carefully review the Summer Bridge Student Contract which outlines in writing the kind of commitment we expect from each Summer Bridge student.

Sample Summer Bridge Student Contract

The contract can be signed online within myGuide once your have paid your enrollment deposit and obtain your U-M uniqname and password.  Please allow 7 days after payment of your enrollment deposit before attempting to access the contract.

Apply for Financial Aid +

Students applying for financial aid will need to complete both the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the 2015-2016 FAFSA in order to be considered for the upcoming summer and fall/winter terms.  These can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov.

The Office of Financial Aid has created a custom website for students admitted to Summer Bridge that contains more information on applying for financial aid and the estimated program costs:

Summer Bridge Financial Aid

Secure University Housing +

Beginning in early April, application emails are sent weekly, as enrollment deposits are received. Emails are sent to your UM email account.  You can apply for your summer and fall/winter housing on the same application.  The application must be submitted by the date specified in your email in order to be part of the room assignment lottery—so don’t hesitate. Applications received after this date will be considered for available spaces based on the date the application is received.  If you have not received an email within three weeks of submitting your enrollment deposit and it is after April 7, contact the Housing Information Office at housing@umich.edu or 734-763-3164.

Once your application is processed, a message will be sent to your University email account when your housing contract is ready for review. Contracts must be signed online within three days from the date of contract notification. Notifications for fall-winter housing will be emailed sometime between June and August.

Complete Online Placement Testing and Orientation Prep (myGuide) +

Orientation will take place over your first few days on campus. In order to enhance the meetings with your CSP academic advisor, there are a number of online tasks you must complete prior to your arrival on campus:

  • Sign the Summer Bridge Student Contract
  • Take the academic integrity quiz
  • Take the LSA Requirements Tour
  • Take the academic interests survey
  • Take the Math placement test
  • Take the writing directed self-assessment

You can complete these tasks online via myGuide.  You will need your UM uniqname and password to login.  Don’t have a uniqname and password?  Click here for more information.

Please complete the required myGuide tasks no later than June 20, 2015.

Request Your Final High School Transcript +

Once you have received your transcript with proof of graduation, send it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions:

University of Michigan
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1220 Student Activities Building
515 East Jefferson Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

You may also email your transcript to ecredentials@umich.edu.

Submit Required Forms to University Health Service (UHS) +

UHS is the student campus health and wellness resource, offering comprehensive clinical services plus support for your well-being. Most services are free for currently enrolled U-M students on the Ann Arbor campus.

Please complete and submit the following forms at least 30 days before classes start:

UHS Immunization Form
Consent to Treatment of a Minor Form -- This is only for students under the age of 18.  A parent or guardian must complete this form.  Please return this form directly to UHS:

University Health Service
207 Fletcher Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1050
Fax: 734-936-3063

Parents of new students can also learn information here.