Summer Bridge Residential Peer Advisors live and work with incoming first year Summer Bridge students to aid them in successfully transitioning to the University of Michigan. They help students develop a positive academic and social foundation. They are required to serve as Resident Advisors and to assist in enforcing residence hall standards. With University Housing staff, the Residential Peer Advisors will form a highly collaborative team. They also work with their assigned CSP advisor to build an effective learning environment for students.
- Assist students in assessing and meeting their academic and personal goals
- Develop and execute individual and group meetings with students
- Fulfill Resident Advisor duties including: move-in, move-out, rounds, conflict resolution, enforcing residence hall standards, etc.
- Attend all Summer Bridge Program, Peer Advisor and resident hall meetings
- Work with Resident Coordinator to develop an effective living learning community
- Develop educational and extracurricular programs for students
- Aid in registering students for Fall term
- Undergraduate student with at least Junior standing (55 credits) by the end of Spring Term, 2014
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Winter 2014 grade point average above 2.0
- Previous residence hall experience or similar leadership experiences preferred
The compensation for this position is approximately $4,200, room, board, cable and access to UHS, the CCRB and UM Libraries.
- Summer Bridge Residential Peer Advisors cannot enroll in classes for the summer term
- Successful candidates must live in the residence hall for the full term of employment
- Approximate dates of employment: June 12 – August 14
How to Apply
Interested students should apply online:
The application deadline is February 28, 2014.