Summer Orientation Academic Peer Advisor
The CSP Summer Orientation Academic Peer Advisor (APA) works as a member of the CSP Advising team to assist incoming first-year, transfer and, Summer Bridge students with the advising and registration processes during orientation. The APA also provides support to the CSP office through the preparation of materials and performing other office duties as deemed necessary for the success of summer orientation.
- Present workshops to new CSP students reviewing the general academic requirements for graduation and providing other information necessary to facilitate a successful orientation
- Introduce students to college rules, advising resources and the value of a liberal arts education
- Provide basic advising to CSP students individually and in groups during evening sessions helping them to develop a list of possible courses and reviewing the academic and instructional services provided by CSP
- Teach students how to use the electronic time schedule, course guide for course descriptions, and to navigate Wolverine Access for course availability and registration
- Assist and support students as they plan their fall term class schedule and register for classes
- Assist Summer Bridge Residential Peer Advisors as they help Bridge students through the fall registration process
- Communicate with academic advisors on a regular basis
- Undergraduate student with at least Junior standing (55 credits) by the end of Winter Term, 2014
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Winter 2014 GPA above 2.0
- Previous residence hall experience or similar leadership experience preferred
The compensation for this position is approximately $4,200, room, board, cable and access to UHS, the CCRB and UM Libraries.
- APA cannot be enrolled in classes over the spring or summer terms
- The chosen candidate must live in the residence hall for the entire time of employment
- Approximate dates of employment: May 19 – August 1
How to Apply
Interested students should apply online:
The application deadline is February 28, 2014.