Minoring in Digital Studies
The Department of American Culture established a minor in Digital Studies in January 2014. Digital Studies allows students to engage in topics such as video games and identity, digital culture, the role of computer code within U.S. culture, and the use of social media as a form of personal and cultural expression. These courses offer both humanistic and social scientific approaches to the study of all things digital. Digital Studies offers students the methods and tools for studying, analyzing, and writing about their everyday engagements with electronic forms of community and culture in the U.S.
- Digital Studies Minor Covered in The University Record March 18, 2014
- Lisa Nakamura Named Gwendolyn Calvert Baker Collegiate Professor of American Culture and Screen Arts March 11, 2014
- Announcing the New Minor in Digital Studies! December 11, 2013
- Post-Race, Post-Feminist, Post-Privacy?
- Jonathan Sterne Lecture
- FemTechNet DOCC 2014 Summer Workshop
06/09/2014 - 06/13/2014;