Undine Jost Zengel

Undine Jost Zengel

(B.Sc. Biology 1984)
We heard from Undine Jost Zengel who wrote this about an article on the Museum of Zoology move in the September 2012 EEB enewsletter: “Thank you so much for this newsletter! The article on moving the collection is particularly interesting to me as my student job was to check both the fluid and bone collections against the old volumes of data. I also worked on numbering bat bones (they have a lot, and very tiny!) as a student and spent many, many hours in the field museum.”

This email got her back in touch with one of her former professors, Phil Myers, who was excited to reestablish a connection with his former curatorial assistant.

Jost Zengel recalls that Walter Cronkite spoke in the stadium at her graduation from U-M. She earned her MBA and MA from Tulane University, New Orleans. She used to be involved with a U-M alumni group 20 years ago, but it broke apart so she was happy to make a connection with her alma mater again.

Over the years, Jost Zengel has worked for Lykes Brothers, an international cargo shipping company, the state Department of Environmental Quality, and in international industrial marketing for Intralox, a large multinational conveyor belt manufacturer. "For the past 11 years, I've been a full-time mom raising my now 13, 11, and 9-year-olds and managing our family. Our oldest is going into high school next year which is a whole new 'ballgame.'"