News & Events
and iTunes U
To get started, please email your request for submission to email@example.com. All content is subject to review & approval.
The University provides a PDF form covering digital rights, click here to download this form.
Apple has posted a guide for content creators to follow. Look for "Creating Content for iPod + iTunes (PDF)". We've summarized the requirements below.
- Encode high-quality when possible, 128 or 160kbs
- File size limit of 500 MB
- Use the built-in iPod converters in Compressor (H.264 for iPod), QuickTime Pro (Movie to iPod), or iTunes (Convert Selection for iPod). Each of these maintains the aspect ratio of your source file and results in an M4V file containing H.264 video (Low Complexity version of the Baseline profile) and AAC-LC audio.
- Album title
- Album artwork
An image at least as large as 300px X 300px. When browsing in iTunes, the image will scale down to 100px X 100px—any text should be readable at those dimensions. Provide a high-quality jpg, tif or eps. A Block M will be overlaid on the image in the lower left corner.
- Track name
- Track artist
- Album artist
- Album description
- Track comments (maximum of 255 characters, including spaces and punctuation)
- Relevant links (will be linked from an album, subject to approval)
- Genre (defaults to "University of Michigan")
CTools and iTunes U
While the content within iTunes U is free and accesible to the public at large, it is possible to upload content exclusive to courses and students enrolled in those courses by using CTools. For more information on this option, please contact MMD at UMiTunesinfo@umich.edu.
Assistance Is Available
If the file you wish to submit doesn't match the formats requested above, or you have any questions or problems with these guidelines, please contact the English website administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org). The website administrator can work with you to create and/or modify your files as necessary.