Budget and Finance Quarterly Email
When you review your Project/Grant Budget Status Reports in the future, you may notice the references in MPathways have changed from A-21 Monitored to UG Monitored costs(Ex:
Additionally, Sponsored Programs requested MPathways system changes to ensure that the UG monitored costs appear under the right category. The summary data of monitored costs may appear under a different area, simply because of how the UG classifies costs. For example, computer supplies previously appeared under Research Supplies & Services, and now will appear under General Support/Other. This change won't impact the way you work, but we wanted you to be aware.
U-M has updated its Accounts Receivable and Fiscal Responsibilities Standard Practice Guides (SPGs), effective July 1, 2015. Both SPGs were revised based on the launch of the university’s Shared Services Center (SSC).
ITS and SSC partnered to enhance the Finance Yearly Trend and Finance Five Year Trend Report. You now have an option to view transactions by Rev/Exp account group or by Source/Use account group on the management report roll-ups. The Finance Yearly Trend and Finance Five Year Trend Report can be located on the Management Reports tab in MReports. This option will be available on several other management reports in the future.
As a result of staff feedback, effective , email notifications confirming the establishment of new project/grants and ShortCodes will be sent to the Requester, as well as the Project Director and Single Administrative Point of Contact (SAPOC). The notifications will also include more detailed information. Please note that for ChartField batch processing (i.e., requests with more than one new project/grant or ShortCode), only the Requester will be notified.
Enhancements to CONCUR rolled out on
- Cash Advance Documentation and Recall: Requesters can attach documentation such as a list of expected expenses to their cash advance requests. This enhancement allows approvers and administrators to expedite reviews of cash advance requests. Requesters can now also recall cash advance requests, similar to how expense reports can be recalled.
- Business Purpose Categories: E
nd users are now able to easily select a business purpose category from a number of options available on a drop-down menu. Each category includes details on other information that is required to meet the university's requirements.
Lump sum advance process streamlined
The SSC has changed how they communicate the 5-digit lump sum advance number and the assigned voucher number once a request has been completed. Effective Monday, September 28, the lump sum advance number is displayed in the short description field of your assigned case as in this example: Lump Sum Request LS12345. The voucher number created for the lump sum will be located in the additional comments field. Previously, both values were located in the additional comments field. If you have questions about the change to the lump sum advance process, please contact accountingcustomerserv
- Approver Table Roles
- Finance 5 Year Trend
- Finance Reconciliation Detail
- Finance Yearly Trend
- GPR - Payroll Actuals vs Estimates
- GPR - Payroll 5 Year Trend
- GPR - Payroll Funding Department / Appointing Department Mismatch
- GPR - Payroll Yearly Trend
- Journal Entries Initiated Outside Department
- Journal Entries Pending Approval
- Procurement 5 Year Trend
- Procurement Spend
- Procurement Yearly Trend
- Service Unit Billing 5 Year Trend
- Service Unit Billing Yearly Trend
- Student Financial Activity
LSA Faculty & Staff
- Academic Affairs
- Budget and Finance
- Chairs and Directors
- Development, Marketing & Communications (DMC)
- Events and Communications Support
- Expect Respect
- Facilities & Operations
- Graduate Education
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (LSA IT)
- Instructional Support Services (ISS)
- LSA Administrative Forum
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Office of the Dean
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Security and Safety
- Standard Practice Guide
- Student Academic Affairs
- Undergraduate Education
- Unit Administrators