LSA New Faculty Furniture Guidelines
The College provides a standard furniture package to its newly hired "regular" faculty. "Regular" faculty positions are those that have received formal approval from the College Executive Committee and carry the titles Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, or Lecturer III. The standard package includes:
- One desk (double pedestal or desk and return)
- One computer table (with or without keyboard tray)
- One desk chair
- One side chair
- Two 4-drawer vertical file cabinets
- Four bookcases
Consideration will be given to needs not met by the College's standard package.
Unit administrators should coordinate their new faculty furniture needs and then go the M-Marketsite to place the order:
- Before starting your order, please contact Linda Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a shortcode for the order.
- Log onto Wolverine Access.
- Click on "University Business".
- Select M-Marketsite "Browse Only".
- Enter uniquename and kerberos password.
- Click on the "Steelcase" icon (at the bottom of the page).
- Click on LSA Standards and select from options—add to cart.
- Confirm your choice.
- Click on “Return to Shopping” or “Return to M-Marketsite".
- Enter department reference #, including faculty member’s name.
- In “Ship To” field—enter faculty name & address.
- Assign cart to Jacqui Crawford (email@example.com).
Faculty requiring unique furniture for their research or special-function laboratories should negotiate these needs with their equipment start-up packages. Unit administrators should contact their facilities manager for assistance with these orders.
It is the departmental administrator's responsibility to check shipments for accuracy and/or damage.
Questions? Contact 734.764.0323.
LSA Faculty & Staff
- Academic Affairs
- Budget and Finance
- Chairs and Directors
- Development, Marketing & Communications (DMC)
- Facilities & Operations
- Graduate Education
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (LSAIT)
- Instructional Support Services (ISS)
- Key Administrators
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Office of the Dean
- Office Services
- Security and Safety
- Shared Services
- Standard Practice Guide
- Student Academic Affairs
- Undergraduate Education