Home / LSA Faculty & Staff / Instructional Support Services (ISS) / Learning Technologies & Consulting Group /
ISS Video Clip Digitization Service
The VHS video cassette recorder has been around since the 1970’s, but it has been in steady decline since the introduction of DVD technology. As of 2008, no major manufacturers produce stand-alone VHS recorders. As a result, we have begun to phase out VHS players in LSA classrooms.
If you have educational material on VHS, we strongly recommend that you find DVD alternatives. If what you need is not available on DVD, or if the DVD release is inferior to the version you are using, LSA Instructional Support Services offers digital conversion of video for educational use.
We are also happy to digitize 16mm film, Betamax, and LaserDisc. If you only show specific scenes from a DVD, we can create a new DVD that only contain your important clips. Let us help you save time in the classroom!
See this form for additional information and to submit your request. *
For copyright information, please visit Copyright at the University of Michigan.
* Please note: the ISS video clip digitization service is available for LSA faculty and staff. If you are in one of the Language departments, please contact the Language Resource Center for digitization assistance.
LSA Faculty & Staff
- Academic Affairs
- Budget and Finance
- Chairs and Directors
- Development, Marketing & Communications (DMC)
- Facilities & Operations
- Graduate Education
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (LSAIT)
- Instructional Support Services (ISS)
- About Us
- Instructional Classroom Database
- Equipment Loan Centers
- Classroom & Instructional Support
- Media Center Computer Classroom Reservations
- Media Center
- Learning Technologies & Consulting Group
- Design & Engineering
- Instructional Technology Committee (ITC)
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Key Administrators
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Office of the Dean
- Office Services
- Security and Safety
- Shared Services
- Standard Practice Guide
- Student Academic Affairs
- Undergraduate Education