Home / LSA Faculty & Staff / Instructional Support Services (ISS) / Learning Technologies & Consulting Group /
Grants & Consulting
Learning Technologies and Consulting Group is available to explore, plan, and support LSA faculty instructional technology projects, including assistance in identifying and applying for relevant funding opportunities. Grants are open to all instructional staff in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor.
Some of the grant opportunities include:
Level One grants of up to $5,000 are available to individual faculty members to support the costs of initiating an effort to use instructional technologies in teaching undergraduate courses.
Level Two grants of up to $15,000 are available to faculty to carry out more substantial and especially innovative undergraduate curricular developments that take advantage of new instructional technologies.
Over the past five years, an average of five proposals have been funded per year, at an average annual level of $45,000 per proposal. NINI grant proposals should seek to improve teaching and learning in the College through an innovative use of information technology.
Technology grants can be used to fund:
- Hourly wages for graduate media assistants
- Software not available through LSAIT
- Costs for digitizing images and texts
- Fees for access to databases
- One-time equipment purchase
- Consultant fees for technical support
- Project evaluation expenses
Grants of up to $12,500 are available to "true beginner" faculty members who have not had much direct experience using technology in their teaching. Up to $5000 is available as a possible faculty stipend ($2500/year for two years) for those faculty who qualify.
LSA faculty may apply for a BlueCorps assistant to help with creating and implementing new technology-based teaching resources/ approaches.
LSA Faculty & Staff
- Academic Affairs
- Budget and Finance
- Chairs and Directors
- Development, Marketing & Communications (DMC)
- Facilities & Operations
- Graduate Education
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (LSAIT)
- Instructional Support Services (ISS)
- About Us
- Instructional Classroom Database
- Equipment Loan Centers
- Classroom & Instructional Support
- Media Center Computer Classroom Reservations
- Media Center
- Learning Technologies & Consulting Group
- Design & Engineering
- Instructional Technology Committee (ITC)
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Key Administrators
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Office of the Dean
- Office Services
- Security and Safety
- Shared Services
- Standard Practice Guide
- Student Academic Affairs
- Undergraduate Education