The goal of LSA’s Foundation Relations program is to greatly increase the College’s annual
revenue from the private, professional foundation sector. We will do this, in part, through
analysis of each targeted foundation’s mission and interest, and identify the right match with
LSA’s priority programs and projects as defined by the Dean of the College. We will be seeking
grants at the $100,000 and above level, focusing on multi-year grants whenever possible.
Working with departmental and program faculty and staff, as well as senior academic and
administrative officials, we will prepare letters of application and proposals to foundations,
making and maintaining contact with foundation program officers and staff as needed, recording
and stewarding grants when successful, and creating a network of relationships with internal and
To support this goal, the LSA Senior Foundation Relations Officer will:
- Identify potential funding opportunities.
- Discuss potential opportunities with interested parties in terms of current funding requirements, University of Michigan ties, and strategy for funding capture.
- Analyze Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Initiate and support communication with the foundation (conference calls, letters,
meetings, site visits).
- Prepare and assist with the development of letters of intent, budgets, proposals, and other
- Oversee and support submission of foundation proposals.
- Assist with post-award and stewardship activities as needed.
- Review faculty proposals on an ad hoc basis.
For more information, please contact: Sara Moleski-Rice
LSA Faculty & Staff
- Academic Affairs
- Budget and Finance
- Chairs and Directors
- Development, Marketing & Communications (DMC)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Events and Communications Support
- Expect Respect
- Facilities & Operations
- Graduate Education
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (LSA IT)
- Instructional Support Services (ISS)
- LSA Administrative Forum
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Office of the Dean
- Security and Safety
- Standard Practice Guide
- Student Academic Affairs
- Undergraduate Education
- Unit Administrators