- UM “smart” MCard: You must have your “smart” MCard to enter the Testing Accommodation Center (TAC). MCard information can be found at: http://www.finance.umich.edu/node/4553
- Personal Items: Students must leave ALL personal items not approved on the Test Reservation Request Form (coats, bags, backpacks, cell-phones, computers, books, folders, notes, etc.) in the storage lockers (located outside the testing center). Students may not access storage lockers until the test is complete.
- Storage Locker Keys: You will be provided a key to the storage locker (free of charge). Your MCard will be held until the storage locker key is returned.
- Food or Drink: NO food or drink allowed in the center (including water bottles).
- Bathroom breaks: Bathroom breaks are discouraged. In the event a bathroom break is requested, the proctor will document when the student leaves and returns from the bathroom break. Time elapsed during a bathroom break will NOT extend the time allotted to complete a test.
- Test Environment: Please remain quiet at all times when in the TAC. This includes when you are being directed to your seat, upon completion of the test, and upon check-out and key return.
- Arrival time: Students are expected to arrive no later than ten minutes prior to a scheduled test.
NOTE: Actual time, not “Michigan Time”.
This will allow time for storage of personal belongings, check-in, and test delivery.
- Late arrival: Students arriving more than 15 minutes after the test reservation time will not be eligible to take the test. This will be considered a “missed test”. A new Test Reservation Request Form will be required to reschedule the test on another testing day and time (if the instructor approves the test to be rescheduled). Missed tests may not be rescheduled on the same day. A new Test Reservation Request Form will be processed in the matter outlined in the Student Guidelines and Instructions and may not result in a reschedule of that particular test or exam. If a student arrives within 15 minutes of the test reservation time, he/she may begin the test, but no additional time will be allowed to complete the test. Time to complete the test will be determined from the test reservation time and NOT the time a student arrives at the Testing Accommodation Center .
- No show: Students who fail to arrive on the reserved testing day and time will be considered a “no show”. A new Test Reservation Request Form will be required to reschedule the test on another testing day and time (if the instructor approves the test to be rescheduled). Missed tests may not be rescheduled on the same day. A new Test Reservation Request Form will be processed in the matter outlined in the Student Guidelines and Responsibilities and may not result in a reschedule of that particular test or exam.
- Cancellation: Cancellations must be received in-writing no later than 24-hours prior to a test reservation. A new Test Reservation Request Form will be required to reschedule a test.
- Materials used during tests: You may only use the materials as indicated on the Test Reservation Request Form by your instructor. It is your responsibility to discuss this when completing the form. Items not indicated on the form will not be allowed during the test. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Time for Test: The time indicated on the Test Reservation Request Form will be the time allotted for the scheduled test. You may not use your own personal timer, clock, or watch to determine time remaining for a test. There will be no exceptions for additional time allotted for a test not indicated on the Test Reservation Request Form.
- Test Completion: When you have completed the test, the Proctor will secure the test and any (if approved) scratch paper used during the test. You will no longer have access to this test. Tests are returned to the instructor by the method as indicated on the Test Reservation Request Form. Students are not eligible to return a test to the instructor.
- Academic Misconduct: If a proctor witnesses any suspected academic misconduct during the testing period, he/she will document the issue on a “Proctor Incident Report” and will notify the Testing Accommodation Coordinator of the incident. The Coordinator will review the Proctor Incident Report and notify the instructor and/or contact the Office of the Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Education and Executive Director of the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center.
- Test Irregularities: If the student or Proctor feels it necessary to document a particular test irregularity he/she may do so by completing a “Proctor Incident Report”. “Proctor Incident Reports” will be returned to the instructor and a copy kept on file at the Testing Accommodation Center.
- Questions during a test: It is the student’s responsibility to discuss with his/her instructor how the instructor wants to handle a situation where there is a question during the test. The Testing Accommodation Center Proctors and Coordinator may NOT answer any questions related to the content of the test or address more than what is indicated in the test administration instructions.
- Change in test day or time: If an instructor changes the day and/or time of a test that has been reserved in the Testing Accommodation Center, it is the student’s responsibility to cancel the reserved test reservation and complete a new Test Reservation Request Form. A new reservation may not be guaranteed.