Office of Advising Technology
G255 Angell Hall
Staff in the Advising Technology area support the conduct of academic advising both within the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center and across the College. The work of the office touches the lives of hundreds of students and advisors each day.
The office is responsible for exploration and development of new technologies to enhance communication with students and collaboration among advisors. Accordingly, the Advising Technology team focuses a great deal of attention on the future needs of advisors, upgrading and designing new systems to support not only advising but also other student records and curricular functions for the College.
The Advising Technology area is responsible for producing and maintaining all of the College's most important print and online student academic publications, including the LSA Course Guides (every term) with detailed term-specific course descriptions and advanced search functions allowing students to find courses focused on particular topics or which meet particular requirements. This office also maintains the Newnan LSA Advising Center website, and the large portions of the LSA Students website, most especially the Academics and Requirements section of the LSA website. Formerly known as the online Bulletin, this section contains the College’s official course catalog, descriptions of all undergraduate programs offered by the College, and explanations of the College’s academic policies and procedures.
Advising Technology also maintains the online LSA Advisor Handbook, an online resource used by advisors throughout the College.
This office manages the advising records of more than 25,000 current and inactive LSA students. Advising information on all LSA students is stored in the LSA Online Undergraduate Student Advising File, which is a shared resource used by all advising units in the College, including all academic departments and programs, the Comprehensive Studies Program, the Honors Program, the Residential College, and the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center.
The Online Advising File includes:
- a student academic profile, along with information on a student's academic interests and activities;
- an Orientation information summary page;
- advisor contact notes;
- advisor assignment;
- scanned images of all paper correspondence with students;
- approved exceptions for departmental and College requirements;
- Major Releases submitted by department advisors; and
- an online Audit Checklist, which summarizes a student's progress toward graduation requirements.
G255-B Angell Hall
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The work of the Auditors' Office is to provide an accurate assessment to students of their progress toward graduation, articulate the standards of the College, verify graduation eligibility, authorize graduation of students, and assist students in making informed decisions to achieve graduation. Communication is an essential function of the Auditors' Office. During the course of the year, they are in direct communication with thousands of students, as well as with hundreds of faculty and departmental staff regarding all issues of academic requirements and College policies.
LSA Faculty & Staff
- Academic Affairs
- Budget and Finance
- Chairs and Directors
- Development, Marketing & Communications (DMC)
- Expect Respect
- Facilities & Operations
- Graduate Education
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (LSA IT)
- Instructional Support Services (ISS)
- Key Administrators
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Office of the Dean
- Security and Safety
- Shared Services
- Standard Practice Guide
- Student Academic Affairs
- About Dean Nurse
- About Student Academic Affairs
- Message from the Assistant Dean
- Staff List
- Organizational Chart
- Calendar of Events
- Letters to Faculty and Instructional Staff
- Academic Calendars
- Academic Judiciary
- Dean's Files
- Disruptive Students
- Grade Grievance
- Final Exams
- Religious Holidays
- Student Class Attendance
- Undergraduate Academic Progress Report
- Testing Accommodation Center (TAC)
- Online Student File and Student Records Policy
- Advising Awards
- LSA Handbook for Faculty and Instructional Staff
- Reference Manual for Departmental Program Advising Staff
- Liaison Handbook
- Advisor Handbook
- Academic Integrity
- Wellness at Newnan
- Undergraduate Education