Kapitel 7 - Assignment Summary
Here are all the iLrn activities due in this chapter, in the order in which they were assigned!
- Click here to review the multiple ways in which the iLrn assignments are flexible, AND for some important information on how to use iLrn (please don't skip the details about "Mechanics" at the end!).
- [The list below does not include the "Anlauftext lesen" activities, for which you received a separate grade!]
- T:7-8, S:7-2C, S:7-3B
- S:7-1C, S:7-1D
- For Übung D, you will write four sentences, each beginning "Die Straßenbahn fährt..." and ending respectively with the German equivalents of (1) behind the church (2) over the bridge (3) under the bridge (4) in front of the railway station. Note that in each case you will use the Accusative, since the statements describe changes in the tram's location. There will be a related exercise on Test 7, but the prompts will be designed so that you will sometimes need the Dative and sometimes the Accusative.
- S:7-1M (Click on the map to see a larger version of it in a separate window. Ignore the numbers and the routes drawn on the map: these have nothing to do with this particular exercise)
- S:7-1F (Note: for no. 4, it should say "Saras Laptop STEHT auf ihrem Tisch." "Liegt" does not make sense for a laptop: laptops have a solid base), S:7-1G
- S:7-1I, S:7-1J
- RECOMMENDED (but NOT required!):
- **Uncheck the "View assigned activities only" checkbox in the Assignment Calendar on iLrn in order to see the recommended exercises**
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: S:7-1Q (fun vocab practice. Click here for more info on how the iLrn crossword puzzles work)
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: S:7-1E (great practice of 2-way prepositions, and a cute cat & mouse story. We'd require it, but don't want to assign too much homework)
- T:7-13 (2-way prepositions in the Dative)
- S:7-2I (Great practice at listening for Accusative/Dative forms of der/das/die. The audio is terribly performed but very clear and good practice. It's about two detectives following a woman who they think is a book-thief.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: S:7-2D (Great practice for following directions. Scroll down and click on the map to see an enlarged version of the map in a separate window. Then just listen to the audio while ignoring the directions in the exercise, i.e. DON'T write down what you hear. Instead, just follow the directions on the map with your mouse. For Teil 1, your starting point is in front of the Hauptbahnhof; for Teil 2, your starting point is inside the Staatsgalerie; the audio begins by instructing you to go out on the Urbanstraße side and turn right)
- T:7-15 (practice vocab for giving directions. Note the instructions to refer to the map on p. 259. Note: der Marktplatz ("Marktpl." on the map) ist vor dem Rathaus, near the bottom of the map)
- T:7-19 (practice stehen/stellen, liegen/legen etc.)
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: S:7-1L (simple riddles practicing time/manner/place), S:7-1R (great reading practice. Click on the text to see a larger version of it!)
- S:7-1N (using "mit" with means of transportation)
- S:7-1O (weil vs damit. Note that Clara reads the Liebesroman because she's romantic; Frieda buys the cartoon video (Trickfilm) so that the kids won't play as raucously (loudly) on Saturday. If an answer surprises you, ask your instructor about it!)
- S:7-2A (a bit dull, but good, clearly spoken listening practice that's great review of the chapter material. Listen a couple of times to try to understand as much as possible of what Anna says; ignore the actual questions in the activity)
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Click on the "Video Library" tab, ignore the first video, and watch the two short interviews: Wohin gehen Sie gern? and Was kann man hier alles machen?