Please read the information below first; then click here to access the Kapitel 7 "pre-quiz"!
- When you have completed the quiz, use the "Submit Score" button to submit your score to your instructor. You need to get a score of 80% or higher in order to get a "check."
- You actually see 20 questions out of an item bank of 42 for this particular exercise. To see all 42 items, click here. Note that this version of the exercise is not "submittable"; it's just available for additional practice.
Important information about this assignment (what if I score below 80%, why is my score 0, is there feedback anywhere?, etc.)
- If you score below 80%, and/or if you're not satisfied with your score, you can try the exercise again as often as you like. When you're satisfied with your score, click on the "Submit Score" button and fill in the requested information. If you like, you can submit your results more than once (e.g. if you submit your result, then decide later to try again).
- You need to submit a score of 80% or above to get a "check" for this assignment. If you submit a score below 80%, you will get a "check minus" for this assignment.
- You will be asked 20 questions. IF YOU GET A QUESTION WRONG, KEEP TRYING UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT. THE PROGRAM WILL ONLY CALCULATE YOUR SCORE IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED ALL THE QUESTIONS. Incorrect guesses will reduce your score.
- Note the feedback that appears in the feedback box at the top of the page! Sometimes the feedback is generic ("Well done" or "Sorry, please try again"), but more often it tells you more about why the answer you selected is right or wrong.
- You will probably want to click on the "Show all questions" button, in order to see all 20 items at once.
Troubleshooting Advice (what if nothing happens when I click "submit"; why is my score 0, etc.)
- If nothing happens when you click "Submit Score," make sure you've enabled popups for this page. If you're still not able to get the "Submit" function to work, follow these instructions for submitting a screen shot of your result. Make sure the screen shot show your score, which appears in the feedback box at the top of the page. If you continue to have problems with the "Submit" function, try using a different computer and/or a different browser to see if that helps!
- If your score is "0" when you click "Submit Score," it means you did not answer all 20 questions correctly. Close the "submit" box [but not the webpage with the exercise you just did!!!], and scroll through the page (if all questions appeared on one screen) or use the arrows (if each question appeared on a new page) to go back through the 20 questions to find the question(s) you did not answer correctly. Keep trying it/them until you get the right answer. Click on "Submit" again, and you should now see a reasonable score. Note that your score will not always be 100%, since the program subtracts points for incorrect guesses.
- If you continue to have problems, please email Hartmut with a specific description of your problem (e.g. what exactly is happening, what browser & operating system you're using, what you tried to do to fix the problem, whether you've experienced a similar problem in other contexts, etc.)