Radio, Podcasts und Fernsehen im Web
Video & TV Online
- youtube.de Das deutsche Youtube-Portal. Die meisten Videos sind Englisch, aber es gibt auch viele deutsche Videos.
- myspass.de Complete episodes of TV-Shows; mainly focused on comedies/humor.
- tagesschau.de This is one of Germany's two main
television news programs (the other is "heute," which you can explore at heute.de). The "20:00 Uhr" version is the "standard" 15-minute news program, but you can also find 5-minute versions, or "Die Tagesschau in 100 Sekunden."
- German Internet Television Awesome compilation of links to livestreams from stations in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Surfmusik.de Another great compilation of links to livestreams from various German TV sites. The link takes you directly to their listing of German live TV sites. If it breaks, you can get there via their homepage at www.surfmusik.de.
- Online TV Recorder Register (for free) and then select German TV programs you want to record. You have to agree to receive their newsletters, and not to share the recordings illegally. I haven't tried this ==> am not sure if you should be weary of any unexpected charges. Let me know if it works and if I should add any more info about it here!
- SaveTV Another online TV recorder that allows you to select German TV programs you want to record, and then watch them on your computer. You can test the service for free for 2 weeks, and then sign up to continue it for €5-10/month (depending on how long you commit for). I haven't tried this ==> am not sure if you should be weary of any unexpected charges. Let me know if it works and if I should add any more info about it here!
- Broadcast-live.com Enjoy live and on-demand German language television
broadcasts from Europe. News, business and sports
telecasts are available from Germany, Austria and
Welle TV See below for some more info on Deutsche Welle
- ORF TVTHEK Video on demand from the main Austrian TV station, ORF.
Info about German TV stations available in the LRC or on UMTV:
of Michigan Language Resource Center Satellite Television
Info Information on Foreign Language Programming
Available in the LRC and on UMTV. The LRC currently receives German programming from the following stations; click on the links to see their schedules and more info:
- Deutsche Welle (DW-TV), which offers a variety of programs made for international broadcast, including
- Journal, a daily news program
- popXport, which brings you the buzz from the German music scene every other week
- Bundesliga Kick off!, a weekly Bundesliga soccer report
- Made in Germany, an inside look at the German and European business world
- motor mobil, a car show aired during the Bundesliga off-season
- Projekt Zukunft, on new developments in science and technology
- ProSiebenSat.1Welt, a channel combining offerings of the German cable channels ProSieben and Sat1, including
- feature films and mini-series
- TV series and sitcoms
- documentary series
- Bundesliga soccer programming
- ... and from a newer station, "German Kino Plus," which offers
- current and classic feature films
- Tatort, a long-running crime series with rotating police investigators
- romantic TV movies, mini series and dramas
- historical documentaries and travel series
Radio & Podcasts Online
- Radio Goethe Government funded, yet "hip" station presenting exclusively German, Austrian and Swiss musicians and bands
Austria International Austrian radio station
Energy Austrian radio station
Wien Austrian radio station. Real audio
link doesn't work in Netscape 4.
Austrian radio station
Austrian radio station
Online. To go directly to their radio news, click here and then click on the play icon to hear the news that
you can see printed on the screen. Or click
here to get to the "Kinderradiokanal" (Kiraka) where you can listen, for example, to the "Nachrichten für Kinder," simplified news for children, which actually also
gives a lot of useful background info on the news
stories which tends to be omitted from German news
more than it is from American news. Click on the heading below each clip to read a paraphrase of what's being said.