Minoring in Scandinavian Studies
Prerequisites to the Academic Minor:
Scandinavian 234 or equivalent, as determined by the Departmental placement examination.
Academic Minor Program:
At least 15 credits and five courses, to be chosen from the following categories as stated below.
1. Required Scandinavian courses:
- SCAND325: Third Year Swedish, 4cr (can be repeated for 8 credits total)
- SCAND331: Scandinavian Civilization, 3cr
- SCAND375: Nordic Mythology, 3cr
2. Electives: Two courses chosen from among:
- SCAND349: Independent Study, 1-4cr (can be repeated for 8 credits total)
- SCAND351: Internship In Sweden, 3cr; Internship in Uppsala, 1-5cr (may be more)
- SCAND371: Philosophy
- SCAND407: English: Children's Literature, 3cr
- SCAND441 and 330: Film and video, appropriate Scandinavian topic
- SCAND442: Icelandic Sagas, 3cr
3. Extra that does not count:
- SCAND305: Scandinavian Conversation, 1cr
- SCAND405: Scandinavian Conversation, 1cr
For more information on our Scandinavian Program, contact the Director, Johanna Eriksson.