Admissions for Academic Year 2014-2015 is now closed. Applications for Academic Year 2015-2016 will be available later this year.
We are so glad you are interested in joining the Global Scholars Program! Here you will find specific information about program requirements, eligibility and our application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to Email us at: email@example.com
- Completion of at least one year of college (at U-M or another institution) by the beginning of the term for year for which you are applying.
- A strong interest in integrating global scholarship into one’s college experience, regardless of college or concentration.
- Enthusiasm for intercultural exchange. Prior intercultural or international experience is not a prerequisite.
- Commitment to at least 1 semester of participation. Students may apply for Fall-only or Winter-only if needed (e.g. transfer, exchange, study abroad students).
- Applicants must also apply separately to University Housing for a room. Please visit the Housing website for more information. Click here for information on current Housing Rates.
- Note: Students who wish to to re-apply to the Global Scholars Program for a second year may be eligible for leadership opportunities.
- A commitment to live in the GSP community (floors 4 & 5 of North Quad)
- Enrollment in a GSP-approved course (UC270-012)- Defining Critical Global Issues.
The lecture for this course meets Fridays, 4:00-5:30 pm.
- Attendance at the GSP Monthly Lecture Series
- Participation in weekly small, Collaborative Group meetings (One evening: Mon-Thurs.7:00-8:30pm)
- Active engagement in dialogues, discussions, and the year-long Research Action Project
- Presentation of your Collaborative Group’s Research Action Project at the GSP end-of- year Symposium
Application for Academic Year 2015-2016 will be available later this Year.
- The application will be online and will ask for contact and background information, as well as two essay questions:
1. Please describe an intercultural experience you have had. What have learned from this experience? How does this relate to your interest in social justice on a global level? If you have not had intercultural experience, please write about how a lack of intercultural experience has impacted your perspectives on culture and social justice.
2. What do you hope to gain by being a member of the Global Scholars Program community? What do you hope to contribute to the Global Scholars Program Community?
To allow yourself time to reflect and avoid loss of data, we recommend you write your essay questions in advance, then copy & paste them into the online application.
The online application is a Google form and this will have the most reliability if opened in the Google Chrome browser. If you have difficulty accessing the online application (especially those whose firewalls restrict access to Google tools), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an alternate version.