Tappan UMMA Panorama
Stephen Allee, curator at the Freer-Sackler museum in Washington DC, talks to Prof. Martin Powers' class about Chinese paintings.
Professor Raymond Silverman (R) with Yaw Amankwa, a master brasscaster from Krofrom, Ghana
The Visual Resources Collections staff assists with the image needs of the History of Art and wider university community.
Expand Your Worldview
Here we take a global and multicultural perspective to studying images and objects. Rigorous, cutting-edge, and inspiring, our program emphasises critical thinking, in-depth study, and an interdisciplinary curriculum. We invite you to learn more about History of Art and how it can transform your world.
- Lehti Keelman named 2014–15 UMMA History of Art Andrew W. Mellon Curatorial Fellow November 17, 2014
- UMMA-History of Art fellowship receives Mellon funding for 3 more years November 17, 2014
- Helicon-curated student art show featured in Michigan Daily. November 13, 2014
- "'Folk-lorist of the Brush and Palette': Winold Reiss's Illustrations for The New Negro, Paul Kellogg, Alain Locke, and Transcultural Modernity"
Speaker: Patricia Hills, professor of art history emerita, Boston University
- 2014 History of Art Honors Symposium
- Ken Tadashi Oshima Lecture
Speaker: Ken Tadashi Oshima, associate professor, University of Washington