Tappan UMMA Panorama
Stephen Allee, curator at the Freer-Sackler museum in Washington DC, talks to Prof. Martin Powers' class about Chinese paintings.
Professor Raymond Silverman (R) with Yaw Amankwa, a master brasscaster from Krofrom, Ghana
The Visual Resources Collections staff assists with the image needs of the History of Art and wider university community.
Expand Your Worldview
Here we take a global and multicultural perspective to studying images and objects. Rigorous, cutting-edge, and inspiring, our program emphasises critical thinking, in-depth study, and an interdisciplinary curriculum. We invite you to learn more about History of Art and how it can transform your world.
- Claire Zimmerman publishes Photographic Architecture in the Twentieth Century August 25, 2014
- History of Art Graduate Students Win Top Awards August 11, 2014
- Story Map gives digital view of Paris-by-Site program August 5, 2014
- Tappan Talks
Speaker: Kristin Schroeder
- History of Photography Annual Lecture
Zoe Leonard: Radical Reversibility Speaker: Matthew Witkovsky 09/24/2014; 4:30PM - 6:00PM
- Forsyth Lectureship on Medieval Art: Anthony Cutler, "Inhabited Architecture: a Pervasive Motif in Medieval Art and Modern Theory"
Speaker: Anthony Cutler