The History of Art Visual Resources Collections exist to enable scholarship. Every effort will be made to provide access to our collections whether online or in a traditional physical format. Keep in mind that this will be done while managing multiple research projects and respecting copyrights. It is your responsibility to observe the rights of the copyright holders and license restrictions.
What are your rights?
• You may download or copy an image for a class paper.
• You may download or copy an image for a class/seminar/conference presentation.
• You may link to an image from your webpage or course page, but remember that non-UM users will not be able to access the image.
• You may NOT download or copy an image to put on your (or any other) website.
• You may NOT download or copy an image for any other type of publishing, without gaining permission from the copyright holder. In most cases we have contact information should you need to contact the copyright holder.
Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about your rights to use the digital images.