The History Academic Minor
for those who declare beginning Fall Term 2011
History academic minor programs must be planned with an advisor from the Department’s Undergraduate Committee. You will need to make an appointment by clicking here.
The minor requires six history classes covering at least two of the following world regions:
- United States and Canada
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Middle East/Central Asia
- Three of the six classes must be at the 300 level or higher; the other three can be at the 200-level or above.
- All of the courses must be related to a single geographical, chronological, or topical theme. Consult with a departmental faculty advisor in specifying this theme.
- There are no prerequisites to the History minor.
- Four of the six courses must be taken in-residence at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, or must count as in-residence credit (i.e., relevant courses taken through U of M-sponsored CGIS programs abroad).
- Two mini-courses can count as one course, but may not satisfy regional distribution.
- All history courses must be taken for a grade with an overall GPA of 2.0
Those who declared prior to Fall 2011, but wish to follow the new history minor requirements, may do so by RE-DECLARING. This can be done by making an appointment with a History Department Advisor.