READ CAREFULLY: HOUSING INFORMATION FALL 2013
The LSA Honors Program’s 2013-14 West Quadrangle Residence Hall residential community sign-up will take place online. Please read the following information carefully. If you do not follow this procedure, you will not get a room in Honors Housing next year.
South Quad is scheduled for renovations next year, so Honors Housing will be moving to West Quad for the 2013-14 academic year. We have reserved spaces in the following West Quad Houses: Cambridge, Winchell, Lloyd, Chicago, Adams, and Michigan. We plan to make Cambridge House (2nd floor) and Chicago House (2nd through 4th floors) our reserved space for returning Honors students (i.e. sophomores and upper-division students). Returning students who follow the procedures outlined below will have the opportunity to select a room in one of these two Houses, subject to the terms of the Housing registration process.
Dates and deadlines:
Monday, January 14th:
- The Housing Office’s Roommate Finder link will open for students who are seeking roommates. You will be able to log on, create your own profile and search the profiles of other students who plan to return to University Housing via the Sign-Up process. Remember that all students in Honors Housing room blocks, including roommates, must be in the Honors Program.
Go to: http://www.housing.umich.edu/sign-up#registration and scroll to the bottom of the page at “Need a Roommate?”
Monday, January 14th through Wednesday, January 23rd (11:59 pm):
- You will need to indicate that you are planning to return to Housing by registering on-line at http://www.housing.umich.edu/sign-up#registration.
- If you have a roommate request, you and your roommate need to register requesting each other as roommates. Your roommate must also be in the Honors Program.
Wednesday, January 23rd (11:59 pm)
- Registration closes for Honors Housing self-selection.
- You will receive an email from University Housing detailing final instructions and your time slot for the room self-selection process. Your time slot will be determined by the number of semesters you have lived in University Housing.
Thursday, January 31st
- At your designated time slot, go to the website indicated in your appointment email and select your room for 2013-14.
- Select your meal plan, review your housing contract, and submit the contract online. The contract must be submitted online within 24 hours of your room selection.
- Failure to submit the contract within 24 hours will result in your room selection being released.
Honors students currently living off-campus wishing to move to Honors Housing in 2013-2014 will apply like all other students living off-campus on March 13, 2013. Consult the housing website at http://www.housing.umich.edu/sign-up/late.
If you are an Honors student wanting to live on campus but not in Honors Housing next year, you will need to follow the directions on the Housing website at http://www.housing.umich.edu/sign-up#registration.
Please email Henry Dyson, Honors Housing Coordinator, with room assignment problems or other housing questions.