Udall Scholarships are awarded annually to sophomore and junior students who are planning careers related to the environment and to Native American and Alaska Native students who plan careers in health care and tribal public policy. Udall Scholarship provides up to $5000 for academic fees, a 5-day Scholar Orientation in Tucson, and access to the Scholar alumni network for life.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Students are eligible to apply in sophomore and junior year
- Must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. National or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Strong applicants demonstrate leadership, passion for public service, and a strong academic background
- Average GPA of award winners is 3.7
- U-M Application deadline is early January.
- The U-M nomination process is administered by the School of Natural Resources and Environment. Please see the PitE Udall page for application details.
Contact: Kimberly Smith, Program in the Environment