INDIA IN THE WORLD
India has emerged on the world scene in new and exciting ways in recent decades:
- As one of the world’s most vibrant economies
- As a key player in geopolitics; as the world’s largest democracy
- As home to the world’s largest “middle class”
- As the site of one of the world’s largest and most vibrant film industries
- As a contributor to global trends in art and aesthetics
- As “home” to well-established and significant immigrant communities around the world, including the United States
India in the World seeks to underscore this, as well as to emphasize the ways that India is a part of everyday life in our increasingly globalized world.
President Coleman's India trip strengthens UM's global education
President Mary Sue Coleman led a U-M delegation to India in November, 2013, to build partnerships and strengthen collaborations with Indian institutions of higher education. The trip established new relationships with Delhi University and Ashoka University, and strengthened already existing collaborations with the National Council of Applied Economic Research and the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). Read more about the trip here.