The Kelsey Museum offers three rooms in Newberry Hall to rent for a variety of events--from meetings and receptions to served dinners and luncheons. For an additional fee the Museum galleries can be opened for viewing during events, or rooms can be rented individually.
- Click here for floor plans showing possible furniture arrangements.
- Room 125 seats 75 people lecture style.
- Rooms 124 and 125 seat 48 people each for a dinner or lunch.
- The three rooms used together can accommodate 200 for a stand-up reception and more if the galleries are also open.
- 12 60” round 8-top tables and 80 matching chairs.
- Standard rectangular table 72” x 30”.
- Some AV equipment (contact the Museum for details).
- No linens are provided.
- All rentals for 4 hours.
- $300 to rent galleries outside of regular business hours.
- An additional $50 an hour gallery rental fee for events over 4 hours.
- $50 to rent room 148 only.
- $100 to rent room 124 or 125 only.
- $150 to rent two rooms (124, 125, or 148).
- $200 to rent all three rooms (124, 125, and 148).
- Set-up and clean-up time must be included for all rentals. An additional rental charge of $29 per hour will be assessed after the initial 4 hours.
Delivery, Catering, and Food Prep
- A small kitchen with refrigerator and counter space is available.
- A loading dock for delivery of food and caterer parking is located on the north side of the Maynard Street entrance.
- No food or drink is allowed in the William E. Upjohn Exhibit Wing.
- No candles may be used, but sterno is allowed.
- All food refuse must be removed from the building at the end of the event.
- Alcohol may be served in accordance with University policies.
For more information, please contact Todd Gerring, firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.647.4167.