You can find several sources for Advising within the University and LHSP.
The Academic Advising Center serves LSA undergraduates by:
- Helping them make informed decisions about educational goals and LSA curriculum
- Encouraging them to formulate an academic program appropriate to their individual interests and abilities
- Assisting them in evaluating their academic progress and performance
- Providing them accurate information about LSA policies and procedures
- Furnishing them an opportunity to explore the purposes of a liberal arts and science education
Here in the residence halls:
Peer Academic Success Specialists (PASSes) provide advice and information in all residence halls (except Fletcher) in support of academic activities, technology and information literacy, and integrative learning. These resident staff specialists have general information on requirements, deadlines, and policies, and connect in-class learning with co-curricular learning. With an emphasis on technology-enabled support services, they link residents to educational opportunities. Workshops addressing a variety of academic interests and concerns are offered throughout the year. All residence staff can refer you to useful resources in the hall and on campus to make each year a success!
The LHSP RAs and the LHSP Student Assistants are also available for mentoring and answering questions about campus resources and student life. These student leaders can be found in and around the residence hall or by a quick email.
The University provides many other resources for advising and counseling:
Counseling and Psychological Services
3100 Michigan Union