Stephanie Steinberg, LHSP 2006-07

Stephanie and Baxter

Stephanie and Baxter

Stephanie's Wordpress

My name is Stephanie Steinberg, and I am a senior at the University of Michigan majoring in Communication Studies. I was a member of the Lloyd Hall Scholars Program during my freshman year and returned sophomore year as an LHSP Student Assistant. During my time in LHSP, I was a member of the Literary Journal and co-founded the LHSP Newspaper Cub.

Last summer I interned at USA Today, where I worked in the Life section writing articles for the health and education beats. Besides getting my work published in print and online, my favorite part of the experience was forming relationships top USA Today reporters and editors. I also had the opportunity to interview prominent people such as Sally Ride, the first American woman in space, and Jean Kennedy Smith, the sister of John F. Kennedy.

On campus, I am a senior news editor for The Michigan Daily. I advise news coverage about the city of Ann Arbor and edit stories about the university administration, student government and campus activities.  If you stop in the Standford Lipsey Student Publications Building at 2 a.m., you’ll most likely find me there.

LHSP played a major role in making the university feel like home to me. I met one of my best friends at an LHSP event welcome week, and I still live with my LHSP roommate who I was randomly paired with freshman year. Besides meeting incredible people, LHSP allowed me to express my creativity through writing and art in and outside the classroom. I can honestly say my college experience would not be as meaningful had I not joined the Lloyd Hall Scholars Program.

http://stephaniesteinberg.wordpress.com/

USA Today links:

Education:

1st woman in space Sally Ride launches science academy

Unpaid internships can cost — or pay off — for some college students

Fifth-grader raises $70K to help birds in Gulf oil spill

Health and Behavior:

Kids with disabilities show off art at VSA festival

Lost your voice? It could be vocal cord paresis

Sleep lightly or through anything? Thank (or blame) the brain